I’ve just started my PhD position at the Department of Computer and System Sciences. Hercules Dalianis is my supervisor during my PhD studies. I have a background in Computational Linguistics from Uppsala University. My main interests in this area is text mining, text clustering techniques, information retrieval and language specific applications. I completed my Master’s Thesis in 2005, working on a project with the language technology group at KTH. My work was about clustering and categorizing Swedish Scientific Medical texts.
I will start my PhD studies working on KEA, a project partly funded by Vinnova, where we are collaborating with SLL (Stockholms läns landsting). In this project we will, among other things, create applications and methods to structure and extract information from medical journals.
I’m excited about my new work and my years to come here at DSV!
- Data and Text Mining
- Language Technology
- Media Content
- Outside DSV
- Profile Area
- BPM and Enterprise Modeling
- Consumer-oriented Mobile Services
- Digital Games
- Digital Systems Security
- Health Informatics
- Immersive Participation
- Information Systems
- Interaction Design
- IT Management
- Knowledge and Communication
- Risk and Decision Analysis
- Service Science
- TEL and Collaboration
- Specific Area
- Runner-up for best paper award at the 31st International Conference on Information Systems Development (ISD 2023) conference
- Gideon Mekonnen Jonathan’s PhD Defense
- Thomas Vakili – Congrats för scholarship to Universidad de Chile!
- Early sepsis detection – Best paper award – ICTAI 2022
- Best paper award at ICECH2022-The 10th International Conference on Emerging Challenges: Strategic Adaptation in the World of Uncertainties