I have just returned from a six weeks visit at the BPM group at QUT, where I was invited by Dr Chun Ouyang.
During my stay I worked on:
1) A revision of our report on open source tools evaluation with the workflow patterns. The extended and updated version of the paper is available here;
2) A book chapter on open source workflow management systems.
At QUT, I attended the following presentations:
1) The Oracle Unified Method by David Burke (Oracle Corporation, USA);
2) YAWL and Second Life (a Youtube video of the product can be found here);
3) An Examination of Activity Labelling Practices in Process Modelling by Jan Recker’s.
A part of my work plan at QUT was to get familiar with the YAWL4film application. Chun was kind and gave me a detailed presentation and demonstration of the system.
During my visit at QUT, on demand by industry representatives, I also started the Workflow Patterns Google group, which is meant to provide a discussion forum for the workflow patterns. Your are welcome to join in.